What happens if there is unspent general budget at the end of the year?

There is a carryforward process.  For administrative units, requests are made to the EVPT to use the funds in the next fiscal year.  For academic units, the current policy is that unspent general funds are automatically carried forward in the academic unit.  The department has to provide funding or use cost objects with a surplus to cover any cost objects with a deficit.  Faculty controlled accounts and TA Health Insurance accounts must be carried forward in the same cost object.

How do I make a change to the allocation of funds within my approved budget?

You can reallocate expenses between cost objects and/or cost elements via the NIMBUS BTR (Budget Transaction Request) system, or through an email request to your budget officer.