VPF teams are currently working remotely under the Institute’s COVID-19 guidelines. We are ready to provide assistance and guidance to the MIT community by phone and email.
Please see below for updates on services and operations, and refer back to this page for updates from VPF.
Buy-to-Pay (B2P) Contact Center, B2P@mit.edu, 617-253-7000
Payroll Service Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-253-4255
Travel and Card Services, email@example.com, 617-253-2753
Please note that as VPF staff are working remotely, the Financial Service Center at NE49 is not open for in-person assistance. Community members can reach out to the key contacts above for assistance.
Financial Implications of COVID-19
The Institute has established new hiring and spending controls (MIT certificate required) to address the financial impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on our campus and operations.
Amid the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis, and with the stay-at-home emergency order issued for nonessential business and organizations in Massachusetts, VPF is experiencing limitations in our capacity to access the tools on campus that are used to issue paper paychecks. To ensure that we can pay all employees without delays, we are working to replace paper paychecks with direct deposit to employee bank accounts.
MIT employees who are receiving their MIT pay in the form of a paper check via the U.S. mail should immediately sign up to receive their pay via direct deposit. VPF is communicating this guidance directly in an email to employees who receive paper checks.
Canceling and Expensing Travel and Events
VPF has created an FAQ to help address the community’s questions on canceling and expensing travel and events (MIT certificate required). You can review the resource here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
The Strategic Sourcing team can provide assistance with current commodity and supply chain needs and vulnerabilities. Reach them at email@example.com.
Office of the Recording Secretary (RSO)
MIT community members who receive physical checks in the mail should not attempt to drop them off at W98.
Instead, at this time, we ask that you:
- Encourage donors to make their gifts to MIT electronically such as such as via credit card, ACH, or wire transfer as campus staffing has been reduced at this time.
- Continue to inform the RSO of expected gifts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are expecting a check or you think it might be in your mail and you are not in the office to retrieve it, if possible ask the donor to void the check and send electronic payment instead.
- If you send invoices to donors for pledge payments or membership dues, you should specifically request wire payments and include wire payment instructions.
- If checks are the only way a donor will make a gift, please ask the donor to mail the check directly to Office of the Recording Secretary, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, W98-300, Cambridge, MA 02139. Email email@example.com to inform the RSO of expected checks and how to apply them. We will deposit and apply the checks as we are able to. However, DLCs and donors should expect processing times to be delayed. The current processing time is expected to be at least 3 weeks, but may be adjusted as circumstances change.
- DLCs receiving gifts via check should also expect delays in posting payment to SAP as processing and posting will only after the checks are able to be recorded and deposited.
If you have questions about RSO processing, please email the Office of the Recording Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounts Payable is not able to provide “fast checks” (rush payments) to the community. Payment and reimbursement checks will continue to be mailed via a third-party vendor.
Invoices from Suppliers
Please do not send paper invoices through campus mail. Instead, send them by email to email@example.com.
Accounts Receivable (AR) and Cashier Services
MIT community members who receive physical checks in the mail should not attempt to drop them off at NE49.
Instead, at this time, we ask that you:
- Encourage customers to pay MIT electronically (as these are deposited directly to the bank, and the team can then electronically see them and post them against open AR or to DLC accounts). See Pay Online with a Credit Card, Pay by Wire Transfer, and Pay a Sponsored Invoice.
- Continue to inform VPF of expected wires, or remittance advice of wires sent, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are expecting a check or think it might be in the mail, ask the customer to void the check and send electronic payment instead.
- If you send invoices to customers, you should specifically request wire payments and include wire payment instructions.
- If checks are the only form of payment a customer will make, ask the customer to mail the check directly to Accounts Receivable/Cashier Services, MIT Office of the Vice President for Finance, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, NE49-4000, Cambridge, MA 02139. Email email@example.com to inform VPF of expected checks and how to apply them. We will deposit and apply the checks as we are able to. However, DLCs and customers should expect processing times to be delayed. The current processing time is expected to be 4 weeks, but may be adjusted as circumstances change.
The Property team has suspended all fieldwork, which includes tagging all new major equipment, conducting inventory of existing equipment, and site visits for assisting DLCs to dispose of equipment. The WW15 Storage Warehouse has been closed since Tuesday, March 17. We will notify our customers when it reopens.
The Property team will continue to create new equipment records in the Property database (which will include assigning a bar code tag number). These new assets will be represented in MIT’s financial records. Physical tagging for these new equipment records will resume when we are back on campus.
Business will continue as normal for: equipment journal vouchers review/processing, approval of purchases of capital equipment costing greater than or equal to $50,000, and processing requests for inventory reports.
Contact the Property team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary Statement and DTR
VPF is unable to distribute printed copies of the Summary Statement and DTR. The Summary Statement and DTR can be viewed and printed via SAPgui.
If you have any questions about your statement or the monthly-close process, please contact email@example.com.
VPF is unable to distribute printed copies of the DACCA. Community members should instead reference the eDACCA (electronic version of the DACCA). To access the eDACCA, you must be designated as a Certifier/Administrator. If you do not have this authorization, please contact Pam Schickling Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other questions regarding the eDACCA, contact email@example.com.